Opened in 1899 by the Kéhli family, the restaurant soon made a name for itself. This old house, surrounded by buildings of the same era, serves as an island of old Óbuda, its tiny shops, small pubs and its lovely world of bohemians and artists. One of its famous patrons, novelist Gyula Krudy still evokes that atmosphere with his words that must have contributed to the survival of the restaurant.
Its current owners and staff work to preserve the turn of the 20th century atmosphere of the house. Their effort is reflected in the interior as well as the menu. Numerous artists, sportspeople, and presidents have visited Kéhli. True to the spirit of Krúdy, guest can not only enjoy their food but the sounds of a gipsy band and Hungarian songs as well.
Address: 1036 Budapest, Mókus u. 22.
Tel: + 36 1 250 4241, + 36 1 368 0613
Fax: + 36 1 387 6049
Open: every day 12-24